The Texas Vaccines for Children (TVFC) program provides low-cost vaccines to eligible children from birth through 18 years of age who meet one or more of the following criteria:
Qualifying children pay no more than $20 per visit.
- Eligible for participation in the Medicaid program
- Enrolled in the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)1
- American Indian or Alaska Native (As defined by 25 U.S.C. 1603)
- Uninsured Children: Children who do not have health insurance
- Underinsured Children: Children with private insurance but coverage 2:
- Does not include vaccines
- Only includes select vaccines
- Caps vaccine coverage at a certain amount
1. Though children whose insurance pays for vaccines do not qualify for TVFC vaccine, CHIP children do qualify by special arrangement.
2. Underinsured children must be seen by a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), Regional Health Clinic (RHC), or deputized clinic.
Which Vaccines are Offered?